Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
Price Drop is a great way to stimulate purchases as it targets users with a predicted preference for an item that is now reduced in price. It is sent out after an item in your store drops 1% or more in price, and targets only the users who are most likely to purchase that item.
Who receives the Price Drop email?
Price drop will only be sent to users with browsing or purchase history that includes items similar or related to the item that is reduced in price. Price drop can be filtered to exclude or include customers who have purchased the reduced price item.
When will the Price Drop email send?
Price Drop will send the next day after Retention Science receives the reduced price, targeting users based on their best time to contact.
How do Price Drop Product Recommendations work?
Product recommendations for Price Drop are split into 2 parts: the first part is the item that dropped in price, and the second part is a set of dynamic recommendations based on the similarity of other items in the catalog to the reduced price item.
Price Drop email best practices
Keep in mind the following when building your Price Drop email:
- Include a high-urgency call to action, link both the product image and a CTA button
- Use generic language that works with a variety of products
- Introduce the deal in the subject line
- Build urgency and value by reinforcing the idea of getting the item before it sells out
- Experiment with subject lines and call-to-action lines to find what resonates with your brand's audience.
Set up your Price Drop email
- Under the Cortex menu on the left, click Stages.
- Under the "Item Events" tab, click the Price Drop block.
- Click New email > Create new.
Follow these steps for setting up your new email.