When you're ready to create a new email in Cortex, you'll start by selecting a stage. Then you'll fill out the basics, such as From name and From email address. Next, you'll choose some catchy subject lines, and fill out optional filter fields, to ensure the email only gets sent to the exact right customers. Finally, you'll choose which editor to build your email within.
|Learn More: Looking to create a new Starter Template email that can be used as a baseline for future emails? Click here for more information.|
- Click Emails within the Cortex menu on the left.
- Click New Email > Create New.
- Select a stage and enter an email name. Tip: Make sure to name your emails something descriptive so you can easily find them in reporting later, such as "Valentine's promotion 2/14/18 - Facebook users - California".
- Click Continue.
- The From name, From email, and Reply-to email address will default to what was entered during onboarding. You can change these fields if you wish. Click "Save Draft" if any changes are made and then click Continue.
- Enter the email's subject lines and optional preview text. Then click Continue.
- On the Settings tab, fill out the optional fields within the General subtab:
Incentives - Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme - If you want to select a specific recommendation scheme for your email, choose the scheme from the drop down. More info here.
- SendGrid categories - Enter category names, separated by a comma, if applicable.
- Fill out the optional fields within the Advanced subtab:
Segment targeting - Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
- Interests - Select one or more interests from the dropdown to apply to this email.
Item targeting - Select a specific category or item type to include or exclude from the product recommendations in this email.
- Select the email editor type to work with. Then click Continue to Editor.
- HTML Editor - Allows you to build the email using HTML code
- Email Builder - Allows you to use the Email Template Builder to build out the email using drag and drop blocks.
- Templates - Allows you to build your email from a starter template.
- Clone Existing Layout - Allows you to copy an existing email layout to use as a starting point.
Please note: Each Cortex stage has different logic and settings– reference the Cortex stage guide here for specific details on each stage's setup.
For instructions building and editing in the Drag and Drop Template Builder, click here.