Certain products get used up and wear out. It only makes sense to send a reminder to your customers when it's time for them to get a refill, replacement, or just another version of the same product in a different color! Buy Again is designed to drive repeat purchases of the same product based on the expected repeat purchase rate. This is the perfect time to recommend a "subscribe" option if your store has one available!
Who receives the Buy Again email?
Customers who have purchased any of your items with a replenishment interval set up will receive a Buy Again email.
When will the Buy Again email send?
Buy Again is controlled by an item's replenishment interval, which is the number of days after a purchase when a user is expected to re-purchase.
An item's replenishment interval can be set in three ways:
- Explicit - Your store can set the replenishment interval for specific items, providing precise control for marketers. To learn more about setting the replenishment interval click here.
- Predicted (individual) - If a user has displayed re-purchasing behavior, Cortex will set replenishment intervals specific to each user's shopping habits.
- Predicted (average) - Without any explicit data, Cortex will interpret an average re-purchasing intervals for items in your store. This average time will be used to control Buy Again sends.
Important! Explicit replenish intervals will override any predicted interval.
How do Buy Again Product Recommendations work?
Two recommendation schemes are available for emails in the Buy Again stage:
- Only Purchased products - Buy Again emails will show previously purchased items according to each item's replenishment interval.
- Purchased + Similar Products - Buy Again emails will show previously purchased and similar items according to each item's replenishment interval.
Learn more about adding dynamic product recommendations to your Buy Again emails.
Buy Again email best practices and recommendations
Keep in mind the following when building your Buy Again email:
- Create 2-4 templates with 3-5 subject lines so Cortex can optimize your open and click rate
- Use targeted language that shows appreciation for the customer and calls them towards another purchase
- Include a strong Call To Action
- Use Smart Segments to target one-time and repeat purchasers differently
- If providing a discount, make it smaller for repeat purchasers to avoid diminishing the value reputation of your products at full price
- Include strong branding and language that encourages regular use of your products
Set up your Buy Again email
- Under the Cortex menu on the left, click Stages.
- Under the "Item Events" tab, click the Buy Again block.
- Click New email > Create new.
Follow these steps for setting up your new email.