This integration will allow customers to open support tickets in Gorgias by texting a trigger keyword to your ReSci SMS phone number. You can then use the Gorgias dashboard to communicate with customers via ReSci SMS.
Important: Before you begin, please request your Client ID from your ReSci contact if you haven't already received it.
To complete the setup, there are two parts:
Add a New HTTP Integration in Gorgias
- Log into Gorgias and go to Settings > Integrations > HTTP > Add New HTTP Integration.
- Provide a descriptive name in the Integration Name field (E.g., "ReSci SMS")
- Select the "Ticket message created" trigger
- Add the following URL to the URL field, substituting your Client ID for [Client_ID]
- Configure the following settings:
- HTTP Method - POST
- Request content type - application/json
- Response content type - application/json
- Request Body (JSON) - Send the entire ticket/message JSON
- Click Add Integration.
Enable the Gorgias Integration in ReSci SMS
- Log into Cortex and click on SMS in the left navigation menu to go to your SMS Dashboard.
- On your SMS Dashboard, click on Integrations in the left navigation menu.
- Click Activate on the Gorgias Integration.
- The Gorgias integration setup screen will be displayed. Copy your Username, Password, and API Base Address from the Settings > Rest API section of Gorgias and paste them into the corresponding fields.
- Copy your support email address from the Settings > Integrations > Email section of Gorgias and paste it into the Email field of the integration setup screen.
- Add the response you want your customers to receive in the Reply Message field. This is the message your customers will receive after they text the trigger word to your ReSci SMS phone number.
- Click Next.
- Update your 'Help' Reply Message and Automated Reply Message, ensuring that the Keyword shown in the Trigger Keyword field is included in both reply messages so your customers know what they must text to chat with your customer service team.
- Click Next.
- Click Done.