Legacy Cortex users, please visit the Legacy Cortex section here.
Create a custom segment of users that incorporates various filters and conditions. Creating your own segment and then applying it to an email will allow you to target the email to specific customers based on the criteria defined within the segment.
How To Create Segments
- Click Segments within the Audience menu on the left.
- Scroll down to the "Your Segments" section and click Create New.
- Name your segment.
- Set the criteria you wish to filter by. A full list of filters and their definitions can be found here. Learn more about "And" and "Or" groupings here.
- Click Create.
Important! When entering filter criteria, make sure that numbers and words don't include any extra blank space characters. The filters check for the exact input and will not return results for anything that doesn't match. For example, "State is exactly CA" will return people in California, "State is exactly CA " (with the added blank space at the end) will return no one.
Need more information?
Learn more about building segments in these articles:
- How to upload lists
- Glossary of available segment filters
- Using "And" and "Or" groupings in segments
- Using the Zip Code filter condition in a segment
- How to use the Users in Segment filter within an existing segment
- Organizing large segments
- Exporting segments: Taking your data beyond Cortex
- Global Filters: How do I only let certain users into Cortex?
- Applying a segment to an email template
Please sign in to leave a comment.