Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
New + Low Intent is one of the intelligent third steps in a newly acquired user's lifecycle. It is separated from New + High Intent by the behavioral analysis of the users it reaches. This is your opportunity to reach out to less engaged users and make the case for why they should support your brand with a first purchase.
Who receives the New + Low Intent email?
After a subscriber receives the New To Your Brand email, their behavior determines if they are eligible for the New + High Intent or New + Low Intent stages. Users with a low level of engagement or no engagement will receive New + Low Intent emails. A user will receive a New + Low Intent email provided they do not make a purchase and you do not override the send with a promo blast.
When will the New + Low Intent email send?
New + Low Intent sends two days after the user receives the New To Your Brand email, according to the user's best time to contact.
How do New + Low Intent Product Recommendations work?
Cortex uses a flexible and intelligent recommendation scheme for New + Low Intent that is actually three recommendation schemes combined.
- For new users who browse the web store after signing up, product recommendations are targeted based on each individual’s browsing behavior, the purchase behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. Cortex uses this data to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- For new users with no browsing history Cortex uses Intelligent Cold Start Recommendations. Using predicted gender and the location of the user when they sign up Cortex is able to target recommendations based on the purchase behavior of customers most similar to the new users.
- If information is unable to be collected on the new user at signup a broader recommendation scheme based on the most popular products will be used.
New + Low Intent email best practices
Keep in mind the following when building your New + Low Intent email:
- Use strong branding with clear and repeated calls to action
- Experiment aggressively with subject lines to increase engagement
- Use a minimum of 3 dynamic recommendations per template
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive (i.e. "free shipping on all purchases")
- Consider using an incentive to purchase as these users need more of a push
Set up your New + Low Intent email
- Under the Cortex menu on the left, click Stages.
- Under the "Welcome" tab, click the New + Low Intent block.
- Click New email > Create new.
Follow these steps for setting up your new email.