You can add a User action step to make sure that only people who interact with content, through opens and clicks, move onto the next step in the path. This can be useful if your message is a continuation of previous messages in the path.
Each User action step corresponds to its closest preceding Email step, or the most recent Variant step, that the user received in that path.
- Drag a User action step into your path.
- Click on the new User action step.
- (Optional) Click the "Create branch for remaining users" toggle switch to enable it. This lets you create separate content for those who take the action, and those that don't.
- Select the "Opened" or "Clicked" action from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the number of days to check for the user action.
The User action step checks engagement from the time that the user received the last email to the time that they entered the User action step, then continues checking for the specified action for the configured duration. Users who don’t meet the conditions are removed from the path entirely. Alternatively, you can create a parallel branch for users who don’t meet the conditions of the User action step, and deliver a separate and tailored experience.
Please sign in to leave a comment.