SFTP (SSH file transfer protocol) is used to securely transfer files to Retention Science. All files should be loaded to the /uploads folder.
The types of data files that are typically sent to us include daily files (such as items, orders, users, etc.), or historical files that help power our various data science models.
Retention Science's data schema has been optimized to power Cortex AI performance and ensures our client's success. Whether you are setting up Flat File Imports to feed us your data or already installed our Shopify or Magento plug-ins, this guide will help you understand our data schema and key details. (You can also watch our YouTube videos for similar explanations of data, JS, and other topics).
How is this Data Received?
- Categories/Items/Users/Orders/Order_Items are "magically" pulled from the respective systems via our standard code installs.
- Subscriptions/Item Reviews/User Wish Lists have to be FTPed over.
- For things like Subscription data, we may have additional resources to support you, such as our Recharge <> ReSci integration, that will make pulling subscription data from Recharge into Cortex easy!
- All data would be sent via FTP as "Flat Files."
- Simple tsv files
- Usually, our clients get their query set up to extract data in a certain manner, then schedule a job to execute the query and transfer the file to our FTP
- Though each client's execution of this task is going to be different depending on tech infrastructure.
- This method is not really used to fill large amounts of historical data, but can technically be used to add orders/users to our system in real-time
- You can reference our Data API documentation here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.