This article is part of the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide. For the standard Cortex Stage Guide click here.
According to Experian, birthday emails are one of the best performing email campaigns:
- Birthday emails have a 481% higher transaction rate than promotional emails.
- Birthday emails generate 342% higher revenue per email than promotional emails.
- Birthday emails have 179% higher unique click rates than promotional emails.
With numbers like that, it seems crazy not to run a birthday campaign! Grab a share of that revenue for your own business with the Cortex Birthday stage. The Birthday stage provides an automated touch once-per-year to give your customers a personalized birthday email to incentivize a purchase.
Who will receive Birthday?
Every user with a stored birthday will receive Birthday messaging, unless you send a promo blast that day.
When will Birthday send?
Birthday will send every year on your user's stored birthday.
How do product recs work for Birthday?
Product recommendations for Birthday will be based on the data that has been collected and analyzed for each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. This allows Cortex to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- Greet your user personally, consider using their name in the subject line or pre-header text
- Reinforce your brand image and key value proposition
- Use a minimum of 3 dynamic recommendations per template
- Provide a small incentive