Our partners sometimes have email forms synced straight into their Magento/Shopify/Internal Database where the core data transfers come from, but often times they do not. New users need a way to go from the website straight into Cortex for Welcome or NTYB emails.
This article is intended to explain the approaches to get new user data sent to RS Cortex in an automated fashion:
- Recommended: Data API (Real-time connection to RS database)
- Shopify clients
- Implementation specifics and considerations
- Data API
(Recommended) Data API (Real time connection to RS database)
- Required for usage of Cortex Welcome Stage.
- Easier to design test code around.
- Although most partners don't do this on new user sign-up.
- Must be called on back-end/server.
- Not real time, but should process in 10-15 minutes at longest.
- Does not support Welcome Stage in Cortex.
- Must be triggered on front-end.
- RS has a realtime webhook into Shopify (think of this as an automatic Import API), so if partners can guarantee forms push to Shopify then this works as a solution.
- Flow: Email Form -> Shopify -> RS
- You can coordinate with your OE or Technical Support to confirm Shopify webhook is enabled for your store.
Implementation specifics and considerations
- Documentation here click "Data/v3.0.0" at the top right.
- Scroll down to "create new user."
- Requires API Key from RS, coordinate with RS Technical Support or your OE to get this.
- Can be easily verified/tested in a few minutes by using software like Postman.
- Once you have implemented the API Call successfully, if the Welcome Stage is enabled in Cortex emails will begin sending automatically.
- Feel free to loop in RS OE or Tech Support if you want to verify API Calls and user data with us directly.
- Business Consideration #1: Variability of data by form
- Some forms have name or bday included, be sure to set relevant data points when present.
- Business Consideration #2: Registration Source
- Does the business/marketing lead want to track users over time by form?
- If so, consider setting the
registration_sourceas desired per form call.
- JS Email Capture:
- Pseudocode in Browser
- Resulting wave/expectation
Important: Double check your website and form behavior The
email_enteredaction creates a user who is opted in to email, after which the user can only be unsubscribed. Make sure that the user has a chance to explicitly opt in before your forms trigger this action.
- Client Goal:
Please sign in to leave a comment.