A user's send interval is calculated on an individual basis and is dependent on their level of activity and engagement. Cortex determines when the user should receive a message based on the user's engagement on-site and with emails. Each Cortex stage has intelligent logic powering who gets emails, who doesn't, when they should receive the emails, and at what frequency. Users can receive emails as little as one day or as many as seventeen days apart, depending on their actions, your campaign activity, and your send interval setting.
Here is an example of what frequency of messaging a user could receive post-opt-in:
- The user opts-in on a website and receives a New To Your Brand email approximately 2 days later at their best contact time.
- If the user demonstrates engagement with the New To Your Brand email or onsite and does not purchase anything, they will receive a New + High Intent email approximately 48 hours after receiving the New To Your Brand email.
- If the user goes onsite and abandons an item in their shopping cart, a Cart Abandon email will fire between 3 and 24 hours (at the user's best contact time). They will receive a Cart Abandon email approximately 2-3 times over the course of a 14 day period based off their send interval unless they make a purchase.
- If the user makes a purchase after those Cart Abandon emails, they will receive a Follow-up email 72 hours after placing an order.
- After receiving the Follow-up email, the user will get a Ready to Buy email approximately 72 hours later and continue to receive Ready to Buy emails at least 72 hours apart until they qualify for another stage.
- After Ready to Buy they could fall into At Risk of Leaving, Churned from Your Business or jump into one of the triggered stages like Item Back in Stock, Search Abandon, Browse Abandon, Cart Abandon, Price Drop, New Arrivals, Anniversary or Birthday.
Can I Set A Global Frequency Cap In Cortex?
Viewing Cortex Flow to see the flow of users from one stage to another.
Will Users Get Repeat Messages?
Will Someone Still Get An Email if I Do A One-Time Promotional Blast?
Please sign in to leave a comment.